Springtime for M&A in alternative investments?
|Aug 31st, 2010 | Filed under: Hedge Fund Industry Trends, Today's Post | By: AAA Staff||
Springtime for mergers in acquisitions in the alternatives space could potentially be a spiritual sequel: on the one hand almost satirical to think about, given the financial battle the world has just gone through and at the same time the optimism that asset managers are once again attracting buyers, even after being perceived as having lost the battle.
According to the latest M&A report by Jefferies’ Financial Institutions Group, it’s not satirical at all to be at least somewhat optimistic that the long, dark winter of zero M&A activity is over, or at least on its way back, if current trends continue (click here to download the full report; click here to read the press release).
To continue reading this article please login (at the right) or click here to learn more about accessing our archives.
- Springtime for M&A in alternative investments? (Part 2)
- Majority say alternative investments will be “as” or “more” important than traditional investments in next 5 years: survey
- Asset managers rockin’ down the M&A highway…
- Morningstar: Alternative investments not derailed by recession
- Alternative Viewpoints: Alternative Investments in India – Regulatory easing, growth in private equity, and new real estate opportunities