Asset managers rockin’ down the M&A highway…
|Feb 25th, 2010 | Filed under: Institutional Investing, Today's Post | By: AAA Staff||
So go the famous lyrics from the Doobie Brothers’ iconic 1972 song about tearing down the road at full throttle.
Slightly different but along the same lines is the apt title for Jefferies & Company Inc.’s February analysis on merger and acquisition (M&A) activity in the asset management, broker-dealer and financial technology industries, On the Road Again. More…
To continue reading this article please login (at the right) or click here to learn more about accessing our archives.
- M&A in the asset management space? Yes. Fire-sale distressed prices? Not necessarily.
- The Coming Rationalization? Financial institutions parting ways with their asset management businesses
- McKinsey: After crisis, asset managers now need to “pick their spots for growth”
- McKinsey survey finds 28% of asset managers are “depressed and in denial”
- Report: Second half of ‘08 just a warm-up for more “slashing” at asset managers