A favorite going into the games of 2010
|Jan 31st, 2010 | Filed under: Hedge Fund Industry Trends, Today's Post | By: AAA Staff||
So with the markets seemingly having righted themselves, the focus among investors this year is coming back to strategy - convertible arbitrage, distressed, global macro, technology and others that fall under various categories depending upon what their managers do and on what markets they are focused.
One strategy commanding particular attention is merger arbitrage, which still managed to produce so-so returns last year (see chart below). More…
To continue reading this article please login (at the right) or click here to learn more about accessing our archives.
- 130/30 funds: So much for $2 trillion by 2010…
- Changes in 2010 have “increased the attractiveness of hedge funds versus traditional long-only investments”: Moody’s
- Hedge funds and investors to have a tearful reunion in 2010?
- Bye-bye beta-driven opportunities, hello diversity for hedge fund investors
- Springtime for M&A in alternative investments? (Part 2)